Distance: 1,070 miles
Time: 16 Hours + stops
- Start with an early 5:00PM dinner at Pat’s BBQ (155 West Commonwealth Avenue, Salt Lake City, UT 84115) making sure to hit the road by 6:00PM.
- Take the 21st South Freeway to I-80 East; stay on I-80 all night; you will reach Lincoln NB in the morning.
- Take exit 397 to merge onto US-77 S/Homestead Expy toward NE-2/Beatrice/Nebraska City.
- Take NE-2 to I-29 South at the Nebraska/Iowa border
- Continue on I-29 until US-71; exit Left to US-71, follow signs to Interstate 70 E (Saint Louis)
Exit I-70 (US-71) at Exit 3B (Brooklyn Ave); Right on Brooklyn Ave.
- Arthur Bryant’s Barbeque will be on your Left (1727 Brooklyn Avenue, Kansas City, MO 64127); you should arrive just in time for the first burnt ends of the day.